Experienced Copyright Transactions Lawyer In San Francisco
I am attorney Lawrence G. Townsend, and over the last 40 years, I have been privileged to work with a broad range of creative people, companies and firms regarding their copyright transaction matters.
Call my office in San Francisco today at 415-906-2792 to discuss your specific copyright transaction needs. I can help you with any of the following types of copyright transaction matters and issues regarding copyrighting law:
- Counseling, preparation and review of book publishing agreements (print and e-book) for publishers, authors and agents
- Internet copyright issues, including DMCA takedown notices
- Fair use analysis and advice
- Advertising and marketing materials: ownership and infringement
- Visual arts law (photography, architectural and graphic design, graphic and fine art)
- Copyright licensing (inbound and outbound licenses)
I also handle all types of copyright litigation, including copyright infringement as well as work-for-hire and ownership disputes.
How My Background Helps Me Protect Your Interests
My experience as a fiction author has given me firsthand knowledge of the importance of copyright from the creator’s perspective. My copyright counseling, licensing and litigation practice covers works of authorship ranging from the sublime ― books, photography and fine art ― to the more mundane: promotional and marketing materials, software and compilations of data.
Copyright is governed by federal law, and is codified in the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 – 810. A copyright gives its owner the exclusive right to reproduce, display, perform, or distribute his or her creative work. I am also well-versed in Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) issues and DMCA compliance.
For more information, please feel free to review my copyright FAQs.
Questions? Contact Me To Schedule A Consultation.
If you have a copyright transaction question or matter that needs attention, contact me by phone or by completing an online contact form.