Resolving Trademark-Related Disputes
Throughout my 35-year career as an intellectual property attorney, I have helped protect the companies, products and services of my clients. Not only do I help them clear and register their marks, I also help them protect and defend their marks through litigation. My office welcomes the challenge that trademark litigation presents, and our success is grounded on careful preparation, effective trial strategy and aggressive negotiation.
Call my law office at 415-906-2792 if you have a trademark litigation matter. My office is located in Downtown San Francisco, and I welcome the opportunity to meet with you.
Steps I Can Take On Your Behalf
My experience in trademark litigation can be used to help you with the following types of issues:
- Representing either plaintiffs or defendants in trademark and trade dress infringement suits in both state and federal courts throughout California; arbitrations and trials; proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Send or respond to cease and desist letters
- Evaluating the validity of the trademark
- Applying for preliminary injunction that, if granted, may end your case completely since the business that was using your name or mark will have to stop using it
- Cybersquatting and Internet trademark litigation matters
I also seek out qualified experts for certain trademark litigation cases who conduct trademark surveys as evidence that there is a likelihood of confusion among consumers who would encounter the products and services of the respective parties in the marketplace.
Trademark lawsuits can be filed in state or federal court. Federally registered marks are governed by the federal Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1051 – 1127l. If you have obtained a federal registration, your mark is presumed to be valid and to have nationwide rights.
Schedule A Consultation Today
My firm welcomes the opportunity to speak with you. Please complete this online contact form to schedule a consultation at my office in San Francisco.